Advanced Management Course
This course is for experienced managers and is designed to develop individuals to improve the management of their teams. The programme considers the challenges facing management in the current highly competitive business climate.
Most managers who have been in the role for some time already have a good understanding of what is required to manage their teams effectively. Truly professional managers will regularly consider how to get their staff to go the extra mile, how to retain their best employees and how they can improve motivation in the team. These issues and more are covered on this Management Course for Experienced Managers. This course is designed to increase knowledge and skills for this highly demanding role.
Download Free In Company Training Brochure
• Define the differences between senior management and operational management
• Adapt existing leadership skills into a more empowered and creative approach to leadership
• Develop your ability to think in visionary terms
• Understand the issues and dilemmas now facing organizations at a strategic level
• Recognise the key principles of process management
• Set objectives and manage performance in relation to the organisation as a whole
The Successful Manager Today
• The necessary skills to become a successful manager
• The challenges of the current business environment
• The role of the successful manager
• Managerial attributes
• Leadership dimensions
• Qualities of leaders
Rolling Out the Plans for Action
• Managing change
• Managing the stages of change
• Planning for success
Motivating Staff for High Performance
• Dealing with de-motivation
• Knowing the symptoms of de-motivation and distrust
• Developing a systematic approach to motivation
• The benefits of delegation
• Understanding the stages of delegation
• Setting standards
Getting the Best from Team
• Developing people performance
• Identifying individual training needs
• Setting development plans and monitoring progress
The Need for Good Communication
• Managerial communication skills
• Running effective meetings
• Positive communication
• Setting clear objectives
• Assessing and appraising
• Feedback and monitoring
• Dealing with people issues
• Disciplinary measures
I am an experienced manager. Why should I attend this course?
If you have been managing people for some time, this course can serve as a refresher and a source of new ideas.
Truly professional managers will regularly consider how to get their people to go the extra mile, how to retain their best employees and how they can improve motivation in the team.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
Our Trusted Partners
Tel + 01 5310175
Hibernian Training Courses
38 Fenian St