Appraisal Skills for Managers Course
This is an essential course for anyone in a people management role who wants to obtain positive outcomes and changes in behaviour from an appraisal process.
Too often appraisals become adversarial meetings where the manager has difficulty getting their point across successfully and the appraisee becomes defensive. This course will give learners a number of approaches and techniques to ensure that the appraisals they conduct are structured, productive and positive.
• The skills to avoid the most common pitfalls of poor appraisals.
• Competence in turning potential conflict into positive behavioural change.
• Development of an appraisal approach that suits you, your team and the ethos of Core Media.
• How to use appraisals to get happier, more productive and more satisfied team members.
• Setting clear objectives.
• Selling the value of the appraisal process.
• Clarifying roles and purpose.
• Defining clear performance standards.
• Assessing and monitoring performance.
• Setting clear and effective goals.
• Delivering constructive feedback.
• Managing performance.
• Developing individuals and team members.
• Establishing training and coaching needs.
• Appropriate motivational techniques.
• Dealing with “difficult” appraisees.
• Communication skills.
• Effective questioning techniques.
• Summarizing to obtain agreement and buy-in.
• Develop confidence and self-esteem.
I am an experienced manager. Why should I attend this course?
This course will give learners a number of approaches and techniques to ensure that the appraisals they conduct are structured, productive and positive.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
38 Fenian St