Be a Brilliant PA Course
This PA course is aimed at secretaries and PAs who work closely with directors and senior managers. Modern PAs are a vital part of the management team and are increasingly required to take on a wider variety of responsibilities.
The course will cover a broad range of topics that will help any PA become more efficient, including communicating with managers and other stakeholders, project management, organisation and decision-making.
You will learn the best practice tools in this training course can be used by PAs in nearly any industry or sector.
• Understand the role of the Personal Assistant, the skills required and the expectations senior managers have of their Personal Assistants.
• Know how values, personal motivation and positive thinking can enhance your effectiveness at work.
• Appreciate that the more senior you become, the more important your behaviours become.
• Know how to work autonomously, set daily routines and make decisions.
• Be ready to take the lead on meeting administration – learn smarter ways to create agendas, meeting papers and minutes.
• Work more effectively with senior managers, and become more resilient when working under pressure.
• Know how to deal with your emotions at work.
• Learn new systems to keep you organised and focused on the task in hand.
• Be prepared to take control of your job, and climb the career ladder with confidence.
- Becoming more proactive in your role as PA.
- The qualities of a good Executive PA.
- Developing your relationship with your Director.
- Time management and learning to prioritise.
- Confidence, assertiveness skills and learning to say ‘no’.
- Influencing skills and managing upwards.
- Delegation and negotiation skills.
- An introduction to line management.
- Key communication skills including an introduction to presentations.
- Meeting and chairing skills.
- Working with a senior management team.
- Corporate culture.
- Networking and representing your Director.
Can individuals attend this course?
This course is currently only available for group or in-company (onsite) bookings.
How many participants can attend?
We recommend no more than 12 participants in each group to allow time for questions and 1 to 1 feedback with the group trainer.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
38 Fenian St