Conflict Management Course QQI Level 6
This Conflict Management course is for anyone who works in a busy working environment where conflicting views and ideas understandably come to the surface from time to time. You will learn to understand, recognize and implement strategies for managing and resolving conflict.
Participants learn and practice key skills to build their confidence and to maintain composure whilst resolving and managing conflict.
Download Free In Company Training Brochure
This course leads to a QQI certification (formerly FETAC). When you attend our course and pass the assessments, you will achieve a QQI Level 6 certificate in Conflict Management.
This QQI / FETAC award is placed at level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
• Identify the key components present in all angry confrontations.
• Maintain composure when responding to conflict and aggression.
• Use skills to manage their words, phrases and body language.
• Demonstrate skills to stay calm and manage angry customer behavior.
• Understand the nature of conflict.
• Manage conflict appropriately, professionally and most of all confidently.
• Use several conflict management techniques to suit a range of situations.
• Avoid the negative impact of conflict and work towards compromise and resolution.
Background to Conflict
- Triggers to aggressive behavior.
- Understanding customers’ needs when they are angry.
- Stages of conflict escalation.
- How our safety can be compromised.
Recognising Rising Anger
- Reading signs and symptoms of aggression.
- Managing conflict ‘flashpoints’.
Responding to Conflict
- Understanding our natural response to conflict.
- Understanding the impact of ‘red rag’ words and phrases.
- Managing our body language during conflict.
- Staying calm and managing our own responses
- Structuring and controlling the conversation.
- Listening and calming the situation.
- Acknowledging difficulties and customer emotions.
- Managing unpredictability (drugs, alcohol, mental illness, etc.).
- Saying no effectively.
- Handling abusive behavior.
- Solving the problem.
Can individuals attend this course?
This course is currently only available for group or in-company (onsite) bookings.
How many participants can attend?
We recommend no more than 12 participants in each group to allow time for questions and 1 to 1 feedback with the group trainer.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Tel + 01 5310175
Hibernian Training Courses
38 Fenian St