Dealing with Diversity Course
Dealing with Diversity is an important issue for all organisations to consider for three main reasons: to comply with legislation, to be ethical and responsible and to maximise potential business benefits. This Dealing with Diversity course is designed to introduce delegates to the key diversity issues. The style of the workshop is very participative and delegates are encouraged to explore the subject of diversity in a relaxed, fun and non-threatening way.
This course focuses on building a business approach to diversity and inclusion – from theory to practical application.
This course is aimed at organisations wanting to increase their knowledge in this topic and employees seeking an introductory course on diversity and inclusion.
Download Free In Company Training Brochure
• Understand the meaning of diversity in the workplace.
• Understand how to build an effective, practical diversity strategy.
• Identify strategies in the workplace to address the diversity compliance requirements and foster respect for diversity and inclusion.
• Implement and successfully communicate a diversity compliance framework and reframe it in to a positive employee engagement strategy.
• Introduction to Equality & Diversity and their Impact in the Work Place.
• Understanding the ‘need-to-know’ legislative framework.
• Employment Equality Acts.
• Understanding and Changing Attitudes.
• Creating ‘diversity’ awareness.
• Adjusting attitudes and behaviours.
• Understanding your own hidden biases and prejudices.
• Respectful and disrespectful behaviour in the workplace.
• Actions to avoid in the workplace.
• Understanding Discrimination & Racism in Ireland.
• The differences between direct and indirect discrimination.
• The 3 different types of racism.
• Identifying and understanding the differences in culture.
• Understanding the stages and symptoms of “culture shock”.
• Identifying your communication style.
• Overcoming the barriers to communicating.
• Create a development plan.
Can individuals attend this course?
This course is currently only available for group or in-company (onsite) bookings.
How many participants can attend?
We recommend no more than 12 participants in each group to allow time for questions and 1 to 1 feedback with the group trainer.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Tel + 01 5310175
Hibernian Training Courses
38 Fenian St