Introduction to Management Course
This two-day Intensive Introduction to Management Course is specifically geared for the newly promoted manager or for those who are soon to be appointed to the role. The course will cover the fundamentals of management. This course will equip you with all the tools you need to become a respected manager.
• A real understanding of what it means to be manager today.
• Essential communication skills needed to become a respected manager.
• The confidence to manage your team.
• Letting go of your former role and establish your credibility.
• Develop legal awareness to act and behave in compliance with workplace laws.
• Adjust your behavioral style to give yourself a more winning edge.
• Discover the secrets to inspiring and motivating your direct reports.
• Use the instant feedback model to build a successful coaching relationship.
• Control your emotions and think strategically when dealing with conflicts.
• Be definite and decisive in managing and protecting your time.
Making the Switch to Management
• Understanding your new role as a supervisor.
• Making a change or letting go: Working with the three phases of change.
• Recognising common challenges and pitfalls to avoid.
• Meeting the expectations of key stakeholders, including your boss, direct reports, senior management, and former peers.
• Conducting an employee motivation analysis.
• Creating a motivating work environment based on each employee’s personal style.
Managing Employee Performance
• Setting SMART goals for yourself and others.
• Using a five-step model to train your employees.
• Giving and receiving supportive and corrective feedback.
Delegating Work to Your Team
• Creating a plan for delegation and using this process to assign key tasks.
• Overcoming your fears of turning over responsibility and authority.
Handling Conflict Professionally
• Knowing your conflict-handling styles.
• Developing the right conflict approach for each individual and situation.
Managing Your Time
• Applying the time priority model to workplace tasks.
• Managing and protecting your time to get more of the right things done.
Do I need experience to attend?
This course is suited to participants of all experience levels, including absolute beginners and those who are thinking of making a career change to management.
I am an experienced manager. Why should I attend this course?
If you have been managing people for some time, this course can serve as a refresher and a source of new ideas.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
38 Fenian St