Managing People Course QQI Level 6
This Managing People programme will cover every aspect of managing a team to get the best from your people. This course is an excellent way to invest in your future success as an inspirational manager.
Download your Free Brochure Instantly
This QQI / FETAC award is placed at level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Why not speak to one of our friendly learning advisers? Please call or email.
• Understand the role of a manager.
• Know how to evaluate your management style.
• Develop an assertive style of management and leadership.
• Know how to manage time and delegate effectively.
• Setting clear goals for individuals and teams.
• Have acquired a systematic method for motivating staff.
• Know how to resolve conflict in a controlled manner.
• The role and function of management
• Setting clear goals for individuals and teams
• Communication of feedback to staff in a constructive manner
• Learn how to use an assertive approach when dealing with underperformance issues
• Learn how to use active listening skills in order to deal with difficult behaviour in others
• Develop leadership skills
Motivating, Developing and Empowering Your Team
• Assess your own supervisory and management style.
• Know how to lead by example and the importance of creating a positive atmosphere.
• Know how to vary your style of communication to deal with a variety of situations
• Learn how to compile a Training Needs Analysis
• Develop a system for motivating and empowering staff
• Learn the right way to delegate
Building Effective Relationships
• The importance of developing good working relationships at all levels
• Be familiar with motivational theory and how to translate these theories in a practical way with staff
• Ability to recognise and appreciate diversity among stakeholders
• Ability to resolve problems and deal with conflict
• Learn how to mediate to achieve an agreed negotiated outcome
Mastering Difficult Conversations
• Insight into the psychology of difficult conversations, and how it applies to your interactions
• Ways to ‘de-escalate’ situations from an emotionally charged or conflicting state
• Knowledge of how to overcome defensive feelings and aggression
• A balanced approach that will allow you to deliver difficult messages with confidence
Legislation, Regulation & Policies
• Be able to do a critical evaluation on the impact of legislation, policies and regulation on work practices
• Explain the concept of equality and diversity
This course is suited to participants of all experience levels, including absolute beginners and those who are thinking of making a career change to management.
The core management skills covered are useful as new learning, a refresher course, or simply as a new perspective.
I am an experienced manager. Why should I attend this course?
If you have been managing people for some time, this course can serve as a refresher and a source of new ideas.
Successfully completing this course and its assessment work makes you eligible for a QQI Level 6 certificate in Managing People. Underlining your management skills with a respected certification adds credibility to your capability with prospective employers.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What certification will I receive?
Successfully completing this course and its assessments renders you eligible for a QQI Level 6 Certificate in Managing People.
A Recognised QQI / FETAC Certification.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
*This includes the QQI administration & examination fee of €90
18th, 19th, 20th
***2 PLACES LEFT***
15th, 16th, 17th
***6 PLACES LEFT***
38 Fenian St.,
Our Trusted Partners
Tel + 01 5310175
Hibernian Training Courses
38 Fenian St