Mediation Skills Course QQI Level 6
Unmanaged conflict is disruptive and costly. On an organisational level it can result in low productivity, absenteeism, low quality decision-making, public disagreement, disciplinary action and litigation and the associated and very real cost in management time. On a personal level, it can lead to anxiety, stress, depression, alienation and loss of professional reputation.
Appropriate management of conflict has become increasingly important with the broadening of employment and equality legislation and is now recognised as a key element of productive, effective work environments.
This training programme is specifically devised to equip managers, supervisors and HR practitioners with the theoretical knowledge and skills to more effectively manage conflict in the workplace.
Download your Free Brochure Instantly
This course leads to a QQI certification (formerly FETAC). When you attend our course and pass the assessments, you will achieve a QQI Level 6 certificate in Mediation Skills.
This QQI / FETAC award is placed at level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
During this Fetac 6 integrated skills development programme you will gain an understanding of conflict resolution and mediation theory as it applies to workplace environments and develop core mediation skills and strategies for managing and resolving conflict.
You will learn about the dynamics of conflict, gain an understanding of your own conflict style and preferences, and learn about negotiation and the key concepts and principles of mediation. Throughout the programme you will explore the reality of effective conflict management through role play, case studies and interactive activities.
• To develop an understanding of the dynamics of conflict.
• To understand the key theories and principles of mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
• To understand the process of mediation and its role in organisational process.
• To develop core mediation skills.
• To raise awareness of personal biases and assumptions and their significance in mediation / conflict management.
• To consider the ethical dimensions of mediation.
• To understand mediation and its role in dispute system design.
Theory and Knowledge
- Conflict dynamics and theories.
- Negotiation theory.
- Mediation principles and models.
- Critical analysis of the different stages of the mediation process.
- The legal context of mediation.
- Models of conflict management.
- Sources of conflict.
- Conflict management styles.
- Transactional analysis theory of communication.
- Dispute system design.
- Organisational culture.
- Self-awareness: preferred conflict style; trigger points; prejudices and biases.
Models of Mediation
- Examination of a range of contexts for mediation practice.
- Consideration of different models and styles of mediation.
- In-depth knowledge of the application and process of workplace mediation.
- Listening skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Conflict mapping.
- Response strategies.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Process skills.
- Managing difficult behavior.
- Managing the self.
Can individuals attend this course?
This course is currently only available for group or in-company (onsite) bookings.
How many participants can attend?
We recommend no more than 12 participants in each group to allow time for questions and 1 to 1 feedback with the group trainer.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
Our Trusted Partners
Tel + 01 5310175
Hibernian Training Courses
38 Fenian St