Minute Taking Course
This Minute Taking workshop is a practical, interactive day, with multiple opportunities for real-life minute taking, made achievable using individual tablets. The activities will be varied and practical, allowing learners to work alone and as part of a group whilst focusing on their own challenges. Everyone will leave the workshop confident in their ability to produce an accurate set of professional minutes.
• Listening techniques to enhance concentration.
• Skills to present minutes clearly, accurately, and professionally.
• The ability to filter and summarise large amounts of information.
• Personal preparation tools and techniques.
• Business English for accurate and professional presentation.
• The purpose and types of minutes.
• The importance of the pre-meeting meeting with the Chair.
• Understanding the key milestones within the meeting cycle.
• The role of the agenda: purpose and contents.
• Maintaining concentration and focus – tips and techniques.
• Minute taking language.
• Identifying the skill-set of an effective minute-taker – self-assessment.
• Your role in the meeting cycle.
• The Chair and Minute-Taker roles in action.
• Addressing poorly written minutes and suggesting improvements.
• Structuring your minutes.
• Using the Action Triangle.
• Filtering and selecting information effectively.
• Business English for minutes.
• Using technology in minute-taking.
• Personal preparation for effective minute-taking.
• Resources including templates, hints and tips, and checklists.
Can individuals attend this course?
This course is currently only available for group or in-company (onsite) bookings.
How many participants can attend?
We recommend no more than 12 participants in each group to allow time for questions and 1 to 1 feedback with the group trainer.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
38 Fenian St