Personal and Professional Development Course QQI Level 5
People at all levels need the ability to make their point in a clear and confident manner. This two day course will equip you with all the skills necessary for you to succeed in attaining your personal and professional goals in a competitive climate. This is an excellent first step for those who want to take more control of situations that can impact on their future.
This course leads to a QQI certification (formerly FETAC). When you attend our course and pass the assessments, you will achieve a QQI Level 6 certificate in Personal and Professional Development.
This QQI / FETAC award is placed at level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
• An ability to demonstrate and model an assertive style of communication in Personal and Professional Development.
• Acquire a positive and proactive response to difficult behaviours from others.
• The ability to confront challenging situations with confidence.
• A toolkit of proven tactics and techniques to help you to reach your full potential.
• Key Learning Areas in Personal and Professional Development.
• Identify the issues that cause stress and difficulty.
• Define and distinguish between a passive, aggressive and assertiveness style of communication.
• How to avoid being manipulated by others.
• The four basic assertion techniques.
• Say ‘no’ and live.
• Active listening skills.
• Negotiation skills that get you to a ‘win win’.
• Learn how to deal with difficult colleagues and managers with confidence.
• Deal with criticism.
• Use confrontation skills to change people’s behaviour at work.
• Set goals that will impact on you success levels.
Can individuals attend this course?
This course is currently only available for group or in-company (onsite) bookings.
How many participants can attend?
We recommend no more than 12 participants in each group to allow time for questions and 1 to 1 feedback with the group trainer.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
38 Fenian St