Receptionist Training Course
A great receptionist is much more than picking up the phone or greeting customers, although these are extremely important parts of the job. You are likely to be the first point of contact for most people who do business with the organisation, which means that you are the face of the company. Your appearance and your knowledge reflect on the entire company. You are largely responsible for how the company is perceived by its existing and potential customers.
Receptionists set the stage for how customers view their experience with the company and their role is vital to a successful, smooth running organisation. In order to create a good first impression and to make sure you represent your company in a professional manner, it is crucial that you’re aware of the most important customer service principles and key interpersonal skills essential for success.
Download Free In Company Training Brochure
• To learn range of coaching techniques to include powerful questioning, reflecting, paraphrasing, summarising, challenging and giving feedback to encourage employee self-discovery.
• To understand the necessary conditions to ensure effective coaching to include planning for sessions and maintaining appropriate records.
• Improved team performance and the ability to obtain better results through people.
• Increased motivation throughout your team.
• To overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of individual, team and organisational success.
• To establish a coaching programme in your organisation.
Developing Customer Service Skills
• Meeting and Greeting Visitors (Welcoming guests upon arrival and using correct terminology).
• The role of the Receptionist.
• Principles to create powerful first impression.
• Principles to confirm how your message comes across.
• How can you identify the customer needs?
• Learning to Listen.
• Handling difficult customers and difficult situations.
• Role play sessions (Only for classroom learners).
Developing Telephone handling and administrative skills
• Practice good telephone skills.
• Data base Management (Booking/ reservation Procedure).
• Checking-In and Checking-Out guests using the software (Opera PMS V5 Software).
• Follow routine administrative procedures.
• Deal effectively with security and safety issues.
• Successful meeting and minutes.
• Meeting and accommodation arrangements.
Developing Business Communication Skills
• Effective Business Communication (Business Document Production).
• Develop effective/technical writing skills.
• CV writing skills; guidance on creating the correct CV and Personal statements.
• Interview techniques; guidance on how to perform in an interview.
• Microsoft Word.
• Microsoft Excel.
• Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Microsoft Outlook.
Can individuals attend this course?
This course is currently only available for group or in-company (onsite) bookings.
How many participants can attend?
We recommend no more than 12 participants in each group to allow time for questions and 1 to 1 feedback with the group trainer.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Tel + 01 5310175
Hibernian Training Courses
38 Fenian St