Report Writing Course
A professionally written report is a powerful communication tool. On this business report writing course, you’ll learn how to apply timeless report-writing principles to any scenario. Whether you write annual reports or board reports, thought leadership reports or marketing reports, operational reports or business submissions, your audience is pressed for time.
They need to know the key points quickly. You’ll learn to craft each report around a concise high-level message, supported by logically ordered support points. You’ll learn how to decide how little or how much technical detail to include, what to do about business jargon, and what to do when new facts force you to change the report angle.
• Plan your reports using the essential planning tools we cover.
• Organise thinking into a clear, logical structure before beginning to write.
• Write a clear, focused executive summary before starting on the report body.
• Write the report body in line with stated objectives.
• Review for logical style and flow, plain English usage and correct style.
• Why a report?
• Why are some reports ineffective?
• Basic Principles of Report Writing.
• Structure of Business Reports.
• Why reports fail .
Planning and Preparation
• Purpose of the Report.
• Knowing your Readers.
• Generating Ideas.
• Sources of Information.
• Gathering Material.
• Report Structure.
Writing executive summary
• Writing an executive summary with the key components; setting up the body of the document.
Writing the Report
• Getting Started.
• Overcoming Writers Block.
• Grammar and punctuation.
• Ensuring accuracy, brevity and clarity in writing.
The four stages of review
1. Double-checking for content.
2. Keeping a clear, navigable structure.
3. Checking for plain English usage.
4. Proofreading for style, grammar and formatting.
Can individuals attend this course?
This course is currently only available for group or in-company (onsite) bookings.
How many participants can attend?
We recommend no more than 12 participants in each group to allow time for questions and 1 to 1 feedback with the group trainer.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
38 Fenian St