Retail Selling Skills Course
In a retail sales situation, satisfying every customer can be difficult,
but there are proven methods and skills you can learn to maximise
their satisfaction and increase sales. One key principle is simply to be
there when needed and offer assistance as required.
The Hibernian Training Retail Sales Training Course provides you with
an understanding and skills development in how to better engage with
customers, how to control the sales process, how to identify upselling/
cross-selling opportunities, learn basic sales psychology, how to
conduct basic needs analysis and much more.
This comprehensive sales training course is designed to help retail
sales professionals sell more and discount less, how to deal with
difficult customers and professionally handle every sale and maximise
Retail has long been one of the most competitive sales environments
in Ireland and the competition only continues to increase. So it is vital
for all retailers to have their retail sales staff professionally trained,
so everyone is on the same page with regards to product knowledge,
identifying upselling/cross-selling opportunities and providing quality
By providing your retail sales staff with these crucial skills, they will
gain the confidence to professionally manage, control and close more
retail sales, as well as contributing to the overall customer experience
which can give your organisation a true competitive edge in this fast
After completing this course participants will be able to:
• Learn to create a great first impression.
• Learn to greet constructively & create a personal connection.
• Develop rapport & create warmth & openness.
• Learn how to deliver Gold Standard Customer Service.
• Ask effective questions to better understand client needs.
• Master active listening techniques.
• Learn to control the sale & lead a customer to becoming a buyer.
• Learn an amazingly simple and professional way of handling price shoppers.
• Learn 4 effective techniques for minimising & negating the need to discount.
• Understand sales psychology such as the “The Power of YES when selling”.
• Learn how to simply ask for the sale.
• Learn to identify cross selling and upselling opportunities.
• Master effective techniques for closing without being pushy.
Retail Sales Training Course – Lesson 1
• It Starts with you.
• Personal Appearance.
• Product Knowledge.
• Sell yourself on the product.
Retail Sales Training Course – Lesson 2
• Consider the customer.
• What do you expect when you are a customer?
• The value of every shopper.
• The mission for a retail sales person.
• Define ‘excellent retail customer service’.
Retail Sales Training Course – Lesson 3
• Starting the sales process.
• The importance of first impressions.
• How to create a good first impression.
Retail Sales Training Course – Lesson 4
• The golden rule.
• Create a constructive greeting.
• Construct positive dialogue.
• Develop rapport.
Retail Sales Training Course – Lesson 5
• Needs analysis.
• Deepening techniques.
• Probing questions.
• Active listening.
• ‘Minimal encouragers’ – their importance and how to use them.
Retail Sales Training Course – Lesson 6
• Control the sale.
• ‘The Challenge’ – persuasion, not confrontation.
• How to handle people shopping on price.
• The excellent 6 step technique that negates the opposition and maintains your professionalism.
Retail Sales Training Course – Lesson 7
• Maximising Every Opportunity.
• Minimising/Negating discounting.
• 4 effective techniques.
• Why discount & Why not?
• Cross Selling.
Should I have previous sales experience before I attend?
No previous sales experience is needed. This course is suited to all levels of experience.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
38 Fenian St