Sales Negotiation Course
This practical and energetic two-day workshop provides all the skills sales people need to conduct profitable negotiations and maintain positive long-term business relationships.
This workshop will enable you to negotiate the best possible terms, seek out the buyer’s real position and business drivers. You will understand how to negotiate based on offering solutions and adding value rather than price-focused conversations. The learning process is accelerated using interactive techniques to enable delegates to negotiate with confidence and skill back in the workplace.
Download Free In Company Training Brochure
• Secure collaborative win-win results.
• Develop a negotiation strategy that supports rapport building and assertive conversations.
• Understand and demonstrate the 8 steps to negotiation.
• Use the most appropriate strategies and tactics for effective negotiation.
• Understand and demonstrate how to create value in your proposals that don’t only focus on price.
• Strategize and prioritize your concessions and their trade value.
• Understand the role of procurement/purchasing and how to develop rapport with limited contact.
• Identify and demonstrate how to negotiate via written communication only.
• Be able to calmly work through client objections to manoeuvre through deadlocks.
• Get past deadlocks and achieve profitable agreements.
• Prepare and plan for the best possible results.
• Recognize when and how to close the deal.
• Understand the behaviors and signals of your client and respond to secure the best deal.
Planning your Negotiating Strategy
• Win-Win collaborative negotiation – what does this mean for you?
• Planning and preparing – what does the other person expect from you?
• Negotiation styles – which one are you?
• Price differentiator value vs price – building value rather than reducing your price.
• Understanding your “No Deal Below”.
Building Rapport – The buyer as a person
• Understanding human behavior and mindsets.
• Identifying the procurement process and how to build rapport with limited contact.
• How to establish wants and needs – understanding their business drivers and pains.
• How to listen for what’s not being said.
• Verbal and non-verbal communication – what does your face and body positions tell the client?
• Assertive body language and written communication.
Packing your Proposal, Overcoming Objections and WIIFT (What’s In It For Them)
• Packaging your proposal to address the client’s business drivers.
• Understanding what part of your proposal isn’t suitable if declined.
• Identifying the negotiating games people play.
• Recognizing negotiation tactics and how to bring the conversation back to a collaborative negotiation.
• Knowing when and how to secure the deal.
Tactics and Techniques
• Techniques for opening and developing negotiations.
• Rapport building – helping to get their guard down.
• Assessing the balance of power.
• Spotting the voice and body language clues.
• Questioning and listening skills – keeping yourself ahead.
• How to negotiate creatively.
• How to avoid weakening your position.
• Giving and getting concessions.
• How to achieve win-win scenarios.
• Recognizing developmental areas; building on your strengths.
• Committing yourself to change on return to the workplace.
• Maintaining your motivation levels and boosting your drive.
Should I have previous sales experience before I attend?
No previous sales experience is needed. This course is suited to all levels of experience.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
Our Trusted Partners
Tel + 01 5310175
Hibernian Training Courses
38 Fenian St