Stress Management Course
There are many causes of stress in our lives; many of which unfortunately cannot be avoided. However, when things are piling up and there is not enough time to get through everything these same pressures can become anxiety-making and depressing and can even make us sick. We need to learn how to reduce the stress in our lives and know how to manage stress when those unavoidable situations occur.
This course provides you with techniques to manage your stress including how to implement specific relaxation techniques, identifying and avoiding stressful situations, coping with setbacks, accepting and coping with stress in certain situations and altering circumstances to minimise the effect stress has on you. Effective stress management will lead to better health and greater productivity.
• How stressed out are you right now? Self-assessment.
• Stress – what is it? Recognising the symptom.
• Common Causes of Stress.
• The Symptoms of Excess Stress.
• Identifying Pressure at Work.
• Identifying Pressure at Home.
• Master the three “A’s” of a stressful situation: Alter, Avoid, Accept.
• Improving Interpersonal Skills.
• Characteristics of Well-Managed Stress.
• Setting Clear Boundaries.
• How to maintain personal stamina and resilience.
• How to manage time and get more things done.
• Distinction between Pressure and Lack of Ability.
• The Link between Good Communication and Decreased Stress.
• Maintaining work/ life balance.
• Positive language and self-talk.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
38 Fenian St