Supervisory Management Course QQI Level 6
This Supervisory Management course will provide you with an effective framework for developing your skills essential for successfully managing a team. We understand the challenges of managing a team while working as part of that team. The programme will help you to achieve high targets through your team and keep the motivational level high.
You will leave with the most up to date information and skills available on how to manage change, motivate, discipline, delegate, inspire, problem solve and all the key skills needed to succeed as a supervisor.
Download your Free Brochure Instantly
This course leads to a QQI certification (formerly FETAC). When you attend our course and pass the assessments, you will achieve a QQI Level 6 certificate in Supervisory Management.
This QQI / FETAC award is placed at level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
• Understand the supervisory skills needed to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
• Learn to plan, organize, communicate and monitor
• Apply the most appropriate supervisory style for each individual team member and situation
• Understand your legal responsibilities
• Learn management skills to help you give constructive criticism, feedback, and encouragement
• Maximize productivity by leveraging diversity and individual differences
• Learn techniques to help you cope with difficult employees
• Use delegation for effective employee development, time management, and motivation
• Increase job satisfaction and work output through coaching and mentoring
• Defining your leadership style
• Learn how to lead by example
• Learn how to give direction to others
• How to make the move from a colleague to a supervisor
• Developing an assertive style of management
• Deliver bad news in a manageable way.
• Say ‘No’ with tact.
• Develop active listening skills to control difficult/challenging reactions.
• Give effective feedback that gets results.
• Eliminate negativity from the work environment.
• Positive ways to sell change to staff.
• How to use influencing and persuasion skills to make the transition from old to new.
• Develop a high confidence level from staff.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Using a logical approach to decision making.
• Know how to make difficult decisions decisively in a timely manner.
• Create strategies that widen staff involvement in problem-solving and decision making.
• Set clearly defined objectives
• Monitoring results.
• The one right way to delegate tasks.
• How to motivate the difficult members of the team.
• How to keep your motivated people motivated.
Managing Challenging Behaviour
• Getting problem employees to change.
• Turning ‘can’t do’ attitudes into ‘can do’ attitudes.
• Use confrontational skills to deal with conflict.
• Self-motivation – staying motivated on your road to success.
Do I need experience to attend?
This course is beneficial to both new and experienced supervisors and team leaders.
I am an experienced supervisor. Why should I attend this course?
If you have been supervising people for some time, this course can serve as a refresher and a source of new ideas.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What certification will I receive?
QQI Level 6 Certificate in Supervisory Management
A Recognised QQI / FETAC Certification.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
4 Days & 1 Day for Skills Assessment Modules
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
Our Trusted Partners
Tel + 01 5310175
Hibernian Training Courses
38 Fenian St