Team Leadership and Supervision Course
You may be a new or emerging team leader, or maybe, want to increase your leadership capabilities. This workshop will give you practical skills to lead yourself and your team effectively.
Through discussion, exercises and relevant theory, in this team leaders course you will learn how get the best of your team.
• An understanding of what the role of being a team leader requires.
• Knowledge on how to build a range of strategies for successful team leadership.
• How to establish trust and credibility.
• To develop effective working relationships.
• To motivate your team and improve morale.
• To encourage participation.
• Build individual and team performance.
• Link your team’s performance to organisational goals.
• Establish clear objectives and standards of performance for your team.
Making the Switch to Management
• Defining your new role and function as the team leader.
• Overview of leadership and management.
• Behaviours and attributes of an effective leader.
• How to set an example through your own work practices.
• How to establish credibility, earn respect and build trust.
• Exploring relevant leadership styles.
• How to delegate, coach and follow up effectively.
Building Performance and Productivity
• Applying motivational techniques to your team.
• How to increase morale and engagement.
• How to encourage participation and teamwork.
• Building individual and team performance.
• Motivating and engaging your team.
• Principles of team effectiveness.
• Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and Development.
• Identify the team’s coaching and training needs.
• Coaching skills for managers.
• Provide recognition and feedback.
• Respond to poor performers.
Effective Planning Procedures
• How to set and achieve goals through your team.
• Planning and monitoring for goal achievement.
• Achieving results through building relationships.
• Individual/team meetings.
Decision Making/ Problem Solving and Relationship Management
• Tips for managing effective working relationships.
• Guidelines for handling conflicts, grievances and performance issues.
• Giving/receiving feedback (positive and constructive).
• Having challenging conversations.
• Your Future Development.
• Your facilitator will coach and assist you to develop a personal application plan to implement on your return to work.
How is this course delivered?
This is an interactive, workshop-style course. Theory and practical learning are blended to create a highly productive learning environment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and your interest in learning! We provide refreshments, lunch and course materials on all of our open courses.
Who delivers the course?
We work with a team of trainers who are not only certified training professionals, but carry extensive experience in their chosen training field.
Do I receive tutor support?
Hibernian Training Tutors are dedicated to staying on hand for questions or help long after delegates have attended the course.
Is this course open to individuals?
This course is currently only available for onsite or group bookings.
38 Fenian St